TITLE: DIRECTOR, PROGRAMS
LEAD: VP COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
SUMMARY: The Director, Programs incorporates strategic design with high quality program development, design, evaluation and delivery. The Director, Programs executes and facilitates signature programs across the US as well as supporting program delivery for all PMD Alliance programs. Additionally, the Director, Programs evaluates and broaden new and existing programs, designs curriculum and agendas to advance the organization’s mission and impact. As a member of the leadership team the Director, Programs also supervises and supports program staff to ensure programs are offered in a successful, seamless and quality manner. This is a full time position. All PMD Alliance team members work remotely and are required to be comfortable and fully engaged as a dispersed team member.
PMDAlliance is a fast-paced organization committed to continual learning, growth and development. We strive to fulfill unmet needs by delivering services in cost effective, efficient, and meaningful ways. Although a non-profit, we are also a business that must balance competing needs to ensure we do the greatest good for the largest number of people in a transformational manner. This culture and organizational model requires each team member to be both nimble and highly focused, both as an individual contributor and integrated team member.
All members of the PMDAlliance team commit to and embrace a set of beliefs. These beliefs are intentionally placed above the specific duties as PMDAlliance considers consistency in living these values and beliefs a core part of each board and staff member’s role:
- People are more than their disease.
– Programs will be life-giving and engaging, not simply informative.
– Human connection is a fundamental need; we pay equal attention to living well and learning.
- Transparency is a cornerstone of trust.
– Stakeholder engagement rises from shared and open communication.
– Information is power. We do not withhold information from the people we serve.
- Partnership offers collective success.
– We support existing services in the community; we do not duplicate.
– Each partner has a unique role to play; we seek to amplify our partners’ contributions.
- Sustainability is the essence of organizational health.
– Financial health is a shared responsibility.
– With effective communication & programs, partners will remain as invested in PMDAlliance sustainability as we are.
- Stretching and risk-taking are imperatives.
– Creation of cutting edge, innovative low cost/high impact service is essential.
- Programs must exhilarate the mind, warm the heart, and awaken the body.
- Risking failure is an essential part of learning and growth.
Duties specific to the Director, Programs role:
Existing programs 80%:
- Facilitate Care Partner live programs, ensuring program delivery meets all strategic and programmatic goals.
- Facilitate any live or live-stream program as needed to ensure adequate coverage.
- Develop new programs from conception to implementation, ensuring that they are aligned with organizational philosophy and vision.
- Ensure all programs are fully staffed and agenda is fully executed with facilitators able to meet all tactical and strategic needs of the program.
- Ensure dynamic, quality agendas and ensure speakers are confirmed for conferences and retreats.
- Supervise program staff to ensure programs are offered in a successful, seamless and quality manner.
- Oversee program evaluation and outcomes analysis to meet grant requirements and advance the program goals, including tracking trends and adjusting agendas and activities to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Oversee program communication with outside stakeholders to ensure partners and stakeholders feel fully informed and able to effectively participate and get the most out of each program.
- Support relationships and steward key stakeholders, physicians, and medical institutions, all in partnership with CEO, Community Engagement and Development departments.
- Train new staff about philosophy and unique model of programming.
- Support event marketing and implement strategies in partnership with community engagement team to meet program attendance objectives.
- Develop booklets and materials to advance the experience and retention of materials for program participants.
- Review promotional materials in partnership with marketing to ensure medical and programmatic accuracy.
Future programs 20%:
- Conceptualize programs beyond current delivery, enabling a vision of program development, design and iteration one to years out.
- In collaboration with CEO, envision and design new programs to advance the mission of the organization.
- Lead and support program pilot projects for new program initiatives or expanded initiatives.
- Lead and support program scaling initiatives to envision and stabilize new programs and program expansion.
- Masters degree in social work, public health or related field or additional 3 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years experience in management role
- 3 years experience developing health or human service programs
- Experience as a dynamic public speaker for a variety of audiences, age groups and populations.
- Understanding of movement disorders strongly preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet-based program utilization
- Ability to multitask; comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional customer service
- Self-directed, able to complete tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrated track record of being a strong team player
- Exceptional integrity and follow through
- Ability to office at home; comfortable with telecommunication/teleconferencing
- Able to travel; 25% overnight travel required