FULL TIME POSITION WITH PMDALLIANCE
To apply please submit you resume along with a cover letter to info@PMDAlliance.org. Please include in the cover letter your thoughts about PMDAlliance values and beliefs noted in the job description.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
TITLE: Community Engagement Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: VP STRATEGIC PROGRAMS
SUMMARY: The Community Engagement Coordinator is an intregral part of the PMDAlliance team and responsible for seamless delivery of service. Specifically, the Community Engagement Liaison will split his/her time between providing direct service (live and online) and nurturing and growing the PMDAlliance presence in the community. As a member of the team, the Community Engagement Liaison represents the spirit and philosophy of PMDAlliance at all times.
PMDAlliance is a fast-paced organization committed to continual learning, growth and development. We strive to fulfill unmet needs by delivering services in cost-effective, efficient, and meaningful ways. Although a non-profit, we are also a business that must balance competing needs to ensure we do the greatest good for the largest number of people in a transformational manner. This culture and organizational model requires each team member to be both nimble and highly focused, both as an individual contributor and integrated team member.
All members of the PMDAlliance team commit to and embrace a set of beliefs. These beliefs are intentionally placed above the specific duties as PMDAlliance considers consistency in living these values and beliefs a core part of each board and staff member’s role:
- People are more than their disease.
– Programs will be life-giving and engaging, not simply informative.
– Human connection is a fundamental need; we pay equal attention to living well and learning.
- Transparency is a cornerstone of trust.
– Stakeholder engagement rises from shared and open communication.
– Information is power. We do not withhold information from the people we serve.
- Partnership offers collective success.
– We support existing services in the community; we do not duplicate.
– Each partner has a unique role to play; we seek to amplify our partners’ contributions.
- Sustainability is the essence of organizational health.
– Financial health is a shared responsibility.
– With effective communication & programs, partners will remain as invested in PMDAlliance sustainability as we are.
- Stretching and risk-taking are imperatives.
– Creation of cutting edge, innovative low cost/high impact service is essential.
- Programs must exhilarate the mind, warm the heart, and awaken the body.
- Risking failure is an essential part of learning and growth.
Duties specific to the Community Engagement Coordinator role:
- With VP Strategic Programs, co-facilitate all PMDAlliance conferences, workshops, and retreats for people impacted by Parkinson’s and other movement disorders.
- Attend Get Out! events with the intention of building relationships with attendees and sponsors.
- Manage program marketing process for sending out emails and flyers.
- In partnership with the team, track attendance at events and online to ensure that meeting targets are met. Implement strategies to boost attendance as needed.
- Work in partnership with VP Strategic Programs to create content for flyers consistent with program templates & organizational philosophy.
- Build and nuture relationships with support groups and support group leaders.
- Facilitate quarterly In Sync! live-stream discussions.
- Draft press releases for programs and upon approval, submit timely to area markets.
- Post weekly on program-based Facebook pages and identify new mechanisms to engage new stakeholders in private Facebook groups.
- Actively participate in organizational growth, planning, strategy, and marketing.
- Manage Neuro Life Online, including welcoming new enrollees and ensuring that programs are delivered seamlessly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and comfort in facilitating groups or providing presentations
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet-based program utilization
- Ability to multitask; comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional customer service
- Self-directed, able to complete tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrated track record of being a strong team player
- Exceptional integrity and follow through
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to office at home; comfortable with telecommunication/teleconferencing
- Residence proximate to the greater Phoenix metro area required
- Able to travel 15% overnight travel required