FULL TIME POSITION WITH PMDALLIANCE
To apply please submit you resume along with a cover letter to Andrea@PMDAlliance.org.
COORDINATOR, COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
SUPERVISOR: VP Community Engagement
SUMMARY: The Coordinator of Communication Systems is an integral role that interfaces with every aspect of PMDAlliance. This person serves as the keeper and manager of all databases, lists and online systems. Responsible for ensuring up to date lists and quality data input, this role ensures that the data bases are able to serve the human-centric service design within PMDAlliance and are not simply a static database.
This position is also responsible for communication related to conferences via e-blasts and with attendees and speakers. Additionally, this position oversees packing lists and material preparation for all conferences and events. A core portion of this position’s duties is to manage the fundraising database ensuring it is kept up to date and has accurate and timely recording of activities.
This person will also support program delivery and help to build the community connection in California. Travel for programs outside of California may also be required.
PMDAlliance is a fast-paced organization committed to continual learning, growth and development. We strive to fulfill unmet needs by delivering services in cost-effective, efficient, and meaningful ways. Although a non-profit, we are also a business that must balance competing needs to ensure we do the greatest good for the largest number of people in a transformational manner. This culture and organizational model requires each team member to be both nimble and highly focused, both as an individual contributor and integrated team member.
All members of the PMDAlliance team commit to and embrace a set of beliefs. These beliefs are intentionally placed above the specific duties as PMDAlliance considers consistency in living these values and beliefs a core part of each board and staff member’s role:
- People are more than their disease.
– Programs will be life-giving and engaging, not simply informative.
– Human connection is a fundamental need; we pay equal attention to living well and learning.
- Transparency is a cornerstone of trust.
– Stakeholder engagement rises from shared and open communication.
– Information is power. We do not withhold information from the people we serve.
- Partnership offers collective success.
– We support existing services in the community; we do not duplicate.
– Each partner has a unique role to play; we seek to amplify our partners’ contributions.
- Sustainability is the essence of organizational health.
– Financial health is a shared responsibility.
– With effective communication & programs, partners will remain as invested in PMDAlliance sustainability as we are.
- Stretching and risk-taking are imperatives.
– Creation of cutting edge, innovative low cost/high impact service is essential.
- Programs must exhilarate the mind, warm the heart, and awaken the body.
- Risking failure is an essential part of learning and growth.
Duties specific to the Coordinator of Communication Systems role:
- Network for Good database management
- Development of Network for Good campaign pages as needed
- Assignment of donor tasks for CEO and VP, Philanthropy in database (calls to major donors, donor visits, etc.)
- Donor thank you emails and letters
- Daily staff donor reports (individual, corporate, etc.)
- Mail list management
- Prepare packing lists, attendee export lists, prep for conferences, speaker bios, attendee lists
- Send post-event thank you/ask emails
- Maintain support group listings on website
- Oversee evaluation tracking and analysis
- Communication management with sponsors, attendees and speakers prior to conferences
- New market research and database maintenance (support group contacts, etc.)
- Management of CPDC database
- Physician advisor bio update on website
- Mailchimp management and event promotion
- Sharepoint database management
- Info@pmdalliance emails
- Answer pmdalliance phone
- Create flyers using templates
- Steward Support Group leader portfolio
- Must reside in southern California
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of professional level work experience
- 2 year’s experience in a community based nonprofit setting
- 3 years experience in database management
- Experience in fundraising and donor support strongly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build rapport quickly
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet-based program utilization
- Ability to multitask; comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional customer service
- Self-directed, able to complete tasks with minimal direction
- Demonstrated track record of being a strong team player
- Exceptional integrity and follow through
- Ability to office at home; comfortable with telecommunication/teleconferencing
- Able to travel; 15% overnight travel