What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
Individuals that register for www.pmdalliance.org events and individuals that sign up to receive e-communications voluntarily provide us with contact information. We may use this information for specific, limited purposes as outlined below. You may always “opt out,” either now or at any time in the future, if you do not wish to receive our messages.
PMDAlliance uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer www.pmdalliance.org and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
www.pmdalliance.org uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of www.pmdalliance.org so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
PMD Alliance does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization without your consent.
PMD Alliance Statement on Zoom
For close to five years, PMD Alliance has used Zoom Video Communications exclusively for our live-stream educational, social and support services, as well as all internal organizational meetings. Over those years we have developed a deep knowledge base and appreciation for practices that keep meetings and workshops safe online. Our knowledge of technical management of meetings means we respond quickly to any potential threats or disruptors.
To keep our livestream space clean, safe, and accessible, we:
- Pay a monthly fee to use Zoom Pro, which offers advanced administrative and meeting controls
- Never post Zoom meeting links in public spaces
- Require registration for all our online events, including support groups and other entities using our Zoom account for their meetings
- Train our staff members in use of the management safety features, many of which have always been included with Zoom but until now, not widely accessed by the general public. These features include screen sharing management, muting, blocking, and removing people
- Deploy multiple staff members to various roles during every meeting to ensure a smooth and secure process
- Use Zoom subscription add-ons as appropriate, including HIPAA–compliant encrypting
Although we can never fully ensure that every PMD Alliance Zoom meeting will be free of the occasional glitch, unstable connection or participant disagreement, we remain confident in Zoom and its efforts to keep its services secure.
Sponsored Communications to Healthcare Providers
Sponsored communications for non-CME educational activities and other resources may be shared across our Healthcare Provider Network. Sponsorships help PMD Alliance keep healthcare provider and patient education programs free or low cost. At some sponsorship levels, PMD Alliance provides the opportunity for companies to share non-CME and other resources to healthcare providers through communications sent by PMD Alliance. Any communications created by a sponsor and sent by PMD Alliance is done so for the benefit of our community. The content of these sponsored advertisements is solely the responsibility of the sponsor. PMD Alliance neither endorses nor approves the specific product or message presented.