During these uncertain times, we want to remind you of our promise: you will not walk this journey alone. PMD Alliance’s commitment to providing education, resources, connection, and support to our community remains as steady as ever.
We welcome each person as they are, recognizing that we share one fundamental truth – we are all trying to navigate and live our very best lives in spite of the disease. We embrace the diversity and unique experiences of each person, welcoming them and the richness of their histories and stories they share.
At all times PMD Alliance will create an environment that embraces:
People are more than their disease.
– Programs will be life-giving and engaging, not simply informative.
– Human connection is a fundamental need; we pay equal attention to living well and learning.
Transparency is a cornerstone of trust.
– Stakeholder engagement rises from shared and open communication.
– Information is power. We do not withhold information from the people we serve.
Partnership offers collective success.
– We support existing services in the community; we do not duplicate.
– Each partner has a unique role to play; we seek to amplify our partners’ contributions.
Sustainability is the essence of organizational health.
– Financial health is a shared responsibility.
– With effective communication & programs, partners will remain invested in PMD Alliance sustainability.
Stretching and risk-taking are imperatives.
– Programs must exhilarate the mind, warm the heart, and awaken the body.
– Risking failure is an essential part of learning and growth.
– Creation of cutting-edge, innovative, low-cost, and high-impact service is essential.
In every aspect of our work and programs, livestream and in person, we welcome honest and real conversations, however discussion or comments that violate our non-discrimination policy is not permitted. All staff, volunteers, board members and ambassadors are dedicated to the beliefs above and abide by the non-discrimination policy that has been our personnel practice since Day One:
PMD Alliance expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based on race, color, sexual orientation, religious orientation, physical barrier and HIV status, ancestry, creed, national origin, disability or perceived disability, veteran’s status, age, gender identity or marital status, ethnicity, economic status, educational status or any other protected category.